New AR pictures

The place to put interesting pics and videos, shooting and non-shooting items that will be of interest to everyone.
hesedmedia

New AR pictures

Post by hesedmedia » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:50 am

I've got some pictures I took at the range today with my new DPMS carbine. The light and laser are coming off, they just came with the BSA red dot sight, and I wanted a picture of it in full bad-assery.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Ghandi, famous gun nut

slade797

Post by slade797 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:15 am

Very nice!

I might be interested in the red dot, if you ain't keeping it.
"In these days of widespread illiteracy, functional illiteracy .... anything that keeps people stupid is a felony."
- Harlan Ellison

skoalsoldier

Post by skoalsoldier » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:36 am

I like it. I've always looked at DPMS carbines and thought they looked nice and had good reviews both online and from people I know. But jeez i would feel super wierd without a dust cover hehe.

robertm

Post by robertm » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 am

OK you can just bite ME!!! :) Looks nice am just green with envy

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Thats an Air Soft AR, no forward assist, no cover, no sights or bayonet lug.
Cant be real.

hesedmedia

Post by hesedmedia » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:27 pm

lol, i promise it's real. it spits .223 shell casings waaaay the hell over my shoulder.

and I can't really imagine a scenario where I would want/need a forward assist. It seems like if the bolt itself won't shove the round in there, I might not want to myself.

and the gas block came like that, no front sight, or lug or anything.

It's the cheapest dpms made, i think, but it shoots the real bullets, and is actually pretty accurate. from a rest I shot a 3 inch group at 100 yards or so with that dot sight. It's the red-green-blue BSA bidness, and I like it well enough. It's no aimpoint, but it seems to get the job done.

Yeah, skoal, I'm pretty happy with it. The only problem was the upper-to-lower receiver fit was a bit loose (which I've heard results from machine tool-wear), but I fixed it with a tiny o-ring around the upper's post (the part the steel pin goes through). And that made it as solid as my buddy's Oly Arms.
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Ghandi, famous gun nut