New Lower from Anvil Arms with Custom Engraving

The place to put interesting pics and videos, shooting and non-shooting items that will be of interest to everyone.
H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:54 pm

'preciate it. Will get right on this, my LPK should be in sometime next week. I'll go ahead and download the Form 1 and start filling it out. I dread trying to find someone to sign off on it...ARG, I live in Pike County, btw. Any tips or pointers for the Form 1 would be awesome as well.

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm not sure I'm in any position to give pointers. We have lots of Class 3 knowledge available at the club, including having at least one active Class 3 dealer. I'm sure that someone will be along shortly if you need help. For what it is worth:

You need the Form 1 in duplicate, certification of citizenship, fingerprint cards (in duplicate I believe) and the check. The form has to be printed both front and back. The form has instructions printed on it, so if you follow them, you should be gtg.

I will tell you that sending forms to the BATFE will teach you patience.;)

H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:05 pm

so will searching for IED's in Affcrackistan...LOL. Alright, I will duplicate everything, thanks for the info S. Hey John Howard, give me a shout when you read this fag.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:59 pm

S Lance wrote:Sounds like a good start.

If you look at the video and pictures from the carbine drills I posted, Rob is shooting a 10.5", Steve has a 11.5", and I have a 12.5" so you can compare.
There is also a pic of a Pig enhanced 7.5" in one of S's pics.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:05 pm

lol, my wife of all people said maybe i should build two uppers :) a m4orgery and a SBR :) MWHAHAH God now i know why I married her. I like the 12" uppers myself...but why pay 200 extra bucks for 4 less inches? right, lol...right?

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:22 am

If you are going to do two uppers, you might consider a REALLY short one like the 7.5" in the pictures. (I wonder which member that belongs to? It is a cute little thing isn't it.;)) You could then go with a standard M4forgery which would also accomidate a can if desired.

The biggest reason to go with a 12.5", and the reason I went with one, is that you can use a reflex type suppressor such as a Surefire 556AR or a AAC M4/SPR.

H0tR0d wrote:lol, my wife of all people said maybe i should build two uppers :) a m4orgery and a SBR :) MWHAHAH God now i know why I married her. I like the 12" uppers myself...but why pay 200 extra bucks for 4 less inches? right, lol...right?

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:33 am

You're also somewhat less likely to be killed sending forms to the BATFE!

Let me know if you have difficulty finding a castle nut and receiver endplate and I'll send you a set.

H0tR0d wrote:so will searching for IED's in Affcrackistan.

skoalsoldier

Post by skoalsoldier » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:51 am

oooooooh looks it's Ford with his new toy. I hate you lmao. I think you should build a 26" upper with a 6" flash suppressor. that would be kool right? make the barrel so big you need a stamp for it hehe.
"Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weak say, "I am strong." Joel 3:10

H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:22 am

hahah sup John, lol. S. I checked on the engraving and I think i'm going to have the front of the magwell done with the engraving. Or under the receiver at the trigger area. Roger that on the endplate and the castle nut. Quick question though, Do you have to have an endplate or if I were to buy a sling plate like the ASAP would it go in the place of the endplate? Also doing a search on the Reflex type suppressor. I'm not going to rush my decision but that kitty kat was really cute ;) but if I got the 7.5" i'd also have to get the Adam arms piston system for the 7.5" to help out on the reliability :)

But anyways...

Thanks,
Chris

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:42 pm

You are correct. The Mapul sling plate will replace the standard receiver end plate. All you will need is a castle nut.

I'll be curious as to how your planned piston upper will work out.