New Lower from Anvil Arms with Custom Engraving

The place to put interesting pics and videos, shooting and non-shooting items that will be of interest to everyone.
H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:10 pm

If you use your google-foo, and search for Adam Arms PDW 7.5" they actually have what they call the AR15FIX kit to retrofit to their design. The piston is of a one piece design. Actually, Guns and Weapons for LEO has it on it's cover for this month.

Alright, I will search for a castle nut now LOL.

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:54 pm

If you haven't settled on the Mapul offering, you might consider this from Noveske.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/im ... e=&status=

H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:31 pm

yeah i actually just bought the ASAP today, and I didn't know about the Noveske, but it's a very nice design that is low profile, wouldn't hang up on anything etc...i may end up buying it too and saving the ASAP for a later build :) I'll post a complete compilation of the build process for the lower once I get the LPK in this weekend. PS. if there are any typos contribute it to Coors Light :) Cheers ya'll.

Ford out.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:18 pm

H0tR0d wrote:y PS. if there are any typos contribute it to Coors Light :) Cheers ya'll.

Don't think you are the only person who drinks and posts on here. No worries.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Hahah, wow, well I feel better today after work LOL. Now I still have to find a castle nut, my buffer tube, buffer and spring came in today...LPK will be in tomorrow or monday...and I'll take step by step pics :)

So...does anyone know where I can purchase a Castle nut for the buttstock? I searched Brownells, etc. but they don't have anything listed as a castle nut for the buttstock.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Try Garrison Manufacturing. He might have some laying around.

garrisonmfginc@aol.com
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:10 pm

roger that, thanks Hairy78...I actually found them an hour ago on Brownells listed as a Buttstock retaining screw...wtf, it's not a damn screw hahah it's a lock nut :) btw, does anyone know how far I should screw the Buffer tube into the lower before I crank down said lock nut? I know that the buffer retaining pin sticks up and that it must have clearance so that you can take it in and out, so how close do I actually have to get the threaded end of the tube to the hole in the receiver to be right :)

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Are you sure you got a castle nut? Your description of a buttstock retaining screw sounds a lot like the screw that would hold an A2 stock onto the receiver extension. (Who knows how Brownells names things though.)

Anyway, the receiver extension just screws in enough to capture the buffer retaining pin. The pin is under tension from a spring, so you basically push the pin in and screw in the receiver extension until the pin is captured and the receiver extension is in the correct orientation. You cannot remove the pin with the buffer installed but you should be able to depress it in order to remove the buffer.

H0tR0d wrote:roger that, thanks Hairy78...I actually found them an hour ago on Brownells listed as a Buttstock retaining screw...wtf, it's not a damn screw hahah it's a lock nut :) btw, does anyone know how far I should screw the Buffer tube into the lower before I crank down said lock nut? I know that the buffer retaining pin sticks up and that it must have clearance so that you can take it in and out, so how close do I actually have to get the threaded end of the tube to the hole in the receiver to be right :)

H0tR0d

Post by H0tR0d » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:31 am

rgr on that Lance, as for the castle nut, i guess 18 bucks and I'll find out if it's right or not LOL....

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Thu May 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Did you ever get the gun done?