Eag coc aar

The place to put interesting pics and videos, shooting and non-shooting items that will be of interest to everyone.
S Lance
Forum Administrator

Eag coc aar

Post by S Lance » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:47 pm

MRB and I just returned from a three day, Pat Rogers (EAG Tactical) Carbine Operators Course in IN.

The class was large with 24 students. Numerous students had issues with their guns not working which seemed unusual. I was somewhat shocked at the amount of failures and breakages.

I shot 989 rifle rounds and my guns ran fine. I didn't have any gear issues to speak of. It was VERY hot and humid the first day, and I wasn't thrilled to wear my chest rig the first day, but I got acclimated to it quickly and by day three it was pretty tolerable. This was my first go with using a chest rig and it takes some getting used to.

I'd say the class was moderately demanding and Matt and I both learned some things I think.

We were on the same relay, so I didn't get many pictures. I believe that MRB is going to do an AAR.

bcp307

EAG coc aar

Post by bcp307 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Anxious to hear from you at Sunday's match how your gear choices worked out and some details about the class.

MRB

Post by MRB » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:01 pm

BTW, S Lance was top shooter in our class, both on the MEUSOC Qual course and the Navy Qual. course, so the club was well represented.
Carbines rule-pistols suck in general!

Gary1911A1

Post by Gary1911A1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:40 pm

I really need to attend a AR Training Program. Looks like you had fun and I'll be anxious to hear about it too. Maybe you guys could give a presentation while we're waiting to hear about who's on what squads.:D