Electronic Scoring is coming

General stuff for general folks
Gunworks

Electronic Scoring is coming

Post by Gunworks » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 am

For those that missed the March match, AGC will be moving to electronic scoring over the next couple months.

Please go to Practiscore.com and download the app or look at the instructions.

Its not real complex but will take some getting used to.

Thanks

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 am

I shot in a pretty big match this past weekend at Bluegrass Sportsman League and we used electronic scoring on an IPad. We also used a paper back up.

The first couple of stages were a little difficult.

A couple of observations: we received almost no training prior to the match starting. That made it a difficult. The IPad screen was very difficult to see even with an overcast sky. Had it been bright bright and sunny we probably would not have been able to see the screen. The young squad members had an easier time than the, uh, more "senior" squad members.

It worked OK and nobody complained too much so I guess it's a good thing.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:38 am

Don't blame it on age, Doug. :D

I'm so old, I remember when dirt was invented, and I have no problem with technology.
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:12 pm

You will have adult supervision to help try and train everyone before we make a complete crossover.

I think you will be happier with the nooks as far as seeing them goes.

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Since we are, apparently, diving into the future and a brave new world you might want to look at shootnscoreit.com. The multi gun matches at Circleville use it. It lets you pick your squad and you'll know in advance how many shooters are coming. It makes registration a snap. It is also so easy a hillbilly can do it.;)

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Horse cart, not cart horse.

We have already been looking at preregistration.

I've been talking with about 10 different clubs running electronic scoring finding out what works and doesn't.

Like you said a little difficult at first so we want to get as many as possible up to speed then we are going to work on preregistration.

Also I think scornshootit charges for more than 10 or something and we are looking at keeping it in house.