Ammo Drought Over?

General stuff for general folks
Gary Stevens

Ammo Drought Over?

Post by Gary Stevens » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:06 am

Stopped by Borders to use their sight pusher tool and saw quiet a bit of ammo on the shelves. Some of the prices were still a bit high, but just to see some product on the shelves was a very nice surprise.

Maybe the internet pirates will go back into their holes and stay there.
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:07 am

Been seeing more ammo at Walmart.

Still not much 22 but plenty of 9mm, 40 & 45.

fubarflk

Post by fubarflk » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:09 pm

I have been noticing some of the online retailers with growing inventories...prices slowly dropping...

Borders was decently supplied today, some prices were a tad curious.

50 round box CCI standard .22 LR - $4.99 (I know, I know, but CCI is the only thing my Sig Mosquito will eat for more than 20 rounds)
100 round box Winchester white box 9mm - $36
100 round box Winchester white box .40 - $50

"Pre-crisis" Walmart prices were 9mm - $29-30 and .40 - $33.
So the Borders' 9mm price seemed very reasonable, the .40 was more like robbery?!?

What Walmart are you seeing stocked? The Cannonsburg Walmart's is almost always bare...

Keith

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:01 am

I don't live close enough to any Wal-Mart to check inventory daily. I think these are the places the internet bandits raid first because of the normal pricing.
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:46 am

At my local Walmart it seems the local gun store has worked out an "arrangement" with the Walmart clerks. When the ammo comes in it is sold, on arrival, to the minimum wage employees of the gun store. It never actually hits the shelf or is seen by the regular customers unless you happen to be standing at the counter when they are paying for the ammo. When you question the clerks, oddly, what you just saw is the only ammo they'll get that week......

The ammo is driven a 1/2 mile, given a 100% or more mark up, an put on the shelf. This gun store always seems to have ammo........very, very expensive ammo.

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 pm

The two in Boyd County limit everyone even employees to 3 boxes.

Next Ashland match plan on stopping at the Cannonsburg Walmart on the way out.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:12 pm

This morning I lucked out and between Walmart, Bass Pro and local Gun Shops I was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blonde was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my SUV and said in a very sexy voice, "I'm a big believer in barter, Big Guy...Would you be interested in trading sex for ammo?"

So, I thought about it for a few seconds and then I asked, "What kinda ammo ya got?"

:D
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

fubarflk

Post by fubarflk » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:58 pm

1. lmao at the previous post..

2. While it is true that the Cannonsburg Walmart is limiting all to 3 boxes per...the shelves are almost always bare. I am in there from 1-4 times a week for different reasons...always check sporting goods...only get lucky about once every 5 weeks...at least regarding .40...haven't seen 9mm, .223, .38, .380 or .45 since Dec.

Anyone ever used any Australian made 5.56...marketed as similar to the M855 Lake City Federal stuff...gotta' be better than the Russian stuff right???

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 am

The Aussie 556 is pretty good stuff as far as I'm concerned. Better than Russian for sure.

Be sure you check http://www.bulkammo.com/ too -- They have Federal for $315/500. That is still double what it was 8 months ago but not too bad compared to what some retail places are charging...
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

brucejohnston

Tackle Box in South Point

Post by brucejohnston » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Picked up 10 boxes of .223 PMC Bronze for $8.99 a box this morning Limit 10.