Kenny Black Powder Jones has left the range

General stuff for general folks
Gunworks

Kenny Black Powder Jones has left the range

Post by Gunworks » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:29 am

Was informed today Kenny passed away at 5:30 am.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

I will pass along the arrangements when I know.

MRB

Re: Kenny Black Powder Jones has left the range

Post by MRB » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:53 pm

That is sad new, indeed. We'll miss him for sure...

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Kenneth Jones

Kenneth A. Jones, 62, of South Point, died Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013, at Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House, Huntington, W.Va. Arrangements are pending at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home in South Point.

Edit:
Here's the funeral home's page. It has a lot of great pictures of our passed friend.
http://hosting-24892.tributes.com/obitu ... s-97372384

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Kenneth Jones

Oct. 12, 1951 -— Dec. 18, 2013

Kenneth A. Jones, 62, of South Point, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013, at Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House in Huntington, W.Va. Kenneth was born Oct. 12, 1951, in Ironton, a son of Alice Fischer Jones and the late Roger Jones.

He was born and raised in Ironton and has resided in South Point since 1978, was a graduate of Rock Hill High School, Class of 1970 and a 28-year member of New Life Church where he was actively involved. He retired from Verizon Phone Company with 30 years of service and worked at Mountain LTD as a contractor/engineer. Kenneth loved shooting firearms and reloading, a member of Putnam County Gun Club, a member of the Ashland Gun Club, loved woodworking and always willing to help others and be a blessing.

In addition to his mother, Kenneth is survived by his wife, Peggy Sharp Jones; daughter and son-in-law, Tracy G. and Chris Smith, of South Point; two sisters, Susan Geer (Lynn), of South Point, and Janet Jordan, of Huntington, W.Va.; one brother, Steve (Myra) Jones, of Miami, Fla.; and two grandchildren, Lexi and Drew Smith, of South Point.

Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home with Pastor Darrell Huffman officiating. Burial will follow at Highland Memorial Gardens, South Point. Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Slack and Wallace Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to New Life Church, Huntington, W.Va. Condolences may be expressed to the family at http://www.slackandwallace.com.

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:33 pm

I was fortunate enough to be on the same squad as Kenny a few times. I didn't know him very well but he seemed like a solid guy. I will miss him. Condolences to his family and I'll say a prayer for him.

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:59 am

Ken was a good guy.

We are blessed that we have so many good friends in this sport.