New regulations at NEFG

General stuff for general folks
Hairy78

New regulations at NEFG

Post by Hairy78 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:58 am

Repost of an email I received.

Is anyone here a member of NEKFG (North Eastern Fish & Game Club) in Kentucky. Because Northeastern just became an antigun Fudd club. I have been a member there for 16 years since I was 14 with a junior membership and it was great. Not a huge Class 3 community but there were a good number of us as well as many military style rifle shooters. Things though have progressively gotten worse as the Fudd's have been pushing to ban Class III and semi auto rifle and shotgun shooting. First they changed the rules about the pistol range and banned subguns and other machineguns from the pistol range. The reason they did this supposedly was because machineguns were too powerful and they were worried about people shooting over the berm. This was somewhat understandable and was somewhat acceptable as they had another set of ranges that allowed full auto until now.
For those of you that are members of Northeastern Fish & Game Club in Kentucky NEKFG has as of January 1st banned machinegun shooting on club ranges. The board of directors for the Club voted during the Novemeber 2008 Board of Directors meeting to change the rules for the club to ban full auto fire as well as rapid fire of a semi auto weapon of more than 1 shot per second.

This was posted under the Club Safety Rules portion of the new rules for 2009

There will be no fully automatic fire. (Exception) Government and law enforcement agency training.

Very rapid fire, more than one round per second, is not allowed. (Exception) A sanctioned timed event.

If you are a member of Northeastern Fish & Game Club it is urgent that you contact the Board of Directors and let them know that this is totally unacceptable and that Class III members as well as semi auto owners will not tolerate the Club taking an antigun stance. It would probably help even if non-members were to contact the club as the club has many events that are open to the public and you don't have to be a member to attend.

It is important to contact the Club President as well as the Directors now as the Club's Annual dinner is coming up in Feb. and that is when the majority of members renew their memberships and new members join. It is important to spread the word and let them know that throwing Class 3 members and military service rifle shooters under the bus will not be tolerated.

Here is the contact information for the Board of Directors:

http://www.nekfg.com/contact.html

Officers:

President Carl Beatty carlbeatty@nekfg.com

Vice President Mike McCormick

Secretary/Treasurer Cindy Wright cindywright@nekfg.com

Membership Chairman Bill Lewis

Directors:
Jack Creech jackcreech@nekfg.com

Rocky George

Bill Lewis

Mike McCormick

Duane Neese duaneneese@nekfg.com

Eddie Williams

Bud Wright budwright@nekfg.com

Please contact them and let them know that this change in rules in unacceptable. Without this range many class 3 owners and military semi auto rifle owners will have no place to shoot. Those with beltfed machineguns especially rely on this range for a safe place to shoot.

Thanks,

SolothurnAT
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:47 pm

I emailed the directors and got a response back from Greg Neese. After a few emails he asked me to come to the board meeting and voice my concerns.

Thursday January 29th 2009 at 7:00pm at the main building out there.

The reason they're doing that stems from the accident in Michigan and they have it in their minds that banning machine guns somehow limits their legal liability should someone get hurt.

The rules are already in place. No rapid fire and no machine guns allowed at NEKFG.

I haven't decided if I'm going to go to the board meeting or just mail them my membership card along with a copy of the Constitution.
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:50 pm

I have several calls in to the board there and am waiting on replies. It seems like a knee jerk reaction. The democrats in power don't have to ban guns, it seems we can hurt our own rights all by ourselves. If this is true, NEFG will have lost all of my support, and my business donations.

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Greg wouldn't tell me who their insurance carrier is or why he thinks that making a stupid rule is going to limit their liability.

We should make up some anti-gun posters and take them out there to put on the ranges ;-)
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:30 pm

After the last couple of bad experiences I have had at NEFG, this is my final straw. They can make any rule they want, I really don't care.

I was always surprised how many members of NEFG were actually anti-gun.

Mitch, make sure you highlight the part of the Constitution that guarantees the right to use firearms to hunt with. You might have to borrow one of their member's copy, since it is not in the Constitution I have.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:33 pm

It is in fact now on their website.

There will be no fully automatic fire. (Exception) Government and law enforcement agency
training.

Very rapid fire, more than one round per second, is not allowed. (Exception) A sanctioned timed
event.

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:45 pm

If I go to the board meeting I'll voice my opinion and turn in my membership card. And fire off my glock as fast as I can as soon as I get outside.
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Perhaps a phrase they should be familiar with would apply. "United we stand, divided we fall". Their actions have stated that full auto firearms are defacto unsafe, and by extension, should be banned.
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.

robertm

Post by robertm » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:31 pm

I have my application printed out and filled in as I had planed to join. Also I believe my father in-law and father was talking about joining. Even thought I do not own any fully automatic weapons and that ban would not directly affect me I don't think it is correct to ban them as long as that person is handling them in a safe manner. But even so the fact that the limit rapid fire to one round a second even prevents training for self defense handgun and other types of shooting. With this kind of thinking we need to go back to prohibition again.

I will let them know how I feel by voice and with my money.

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Also had planned on joining due to the long ranges available.

...not anymore.
:confused: