New regulations at NEFG

General stuff for general folks
Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:25 pm

I believe they are referencing the tragic incident in Massachusetts where an 8 year old boy shot himself in the head with a micro uzi.

Some of the salient facts though are that this was sponsored by a local Chief of Police, and was supervised by a range officer and with the boy's father about 10 feet behind him.

While this is a tragic situation I wonder if an individual were killed in a traffic accident on their property, would they also ban the use of motorvehicles.

All in all a very sorry situation.
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:04 pm

So those "trained" law enforcement officers who shoot their guns twice a year to qualify handle and fire a gun better than me.

I'm the only one professional enough to ......

:rolleyes:
:confused:

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:04 pm

A sad situation and a bad way to avoid liability. Gun owners seem to be their own worst enemies.

Instead of taking an antagonist approach with the board of directors, would education help? Any constructive ideas? Realistically, a boycott seems somewhat counterproductive in that their intention is obviously to not have anyone in the club that is interested in "rapid fire" or machineguns. I'm just throwing the idea out there for discussion...

robertm

Post by robertm » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:55 am

Am not so much for boycott am just not going to give them my $75 (new membership). I will also let them know why.

slade797

Post by slade797 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:42 am

robertm wrote:Am not so much for boycott am just not going to give them my $75 (new membership). I will also let them know why.
Ditto. I actually have my application prited and filled in, with a check stapled to it.

I also have a paper shredder.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:34 am

Now you guys know why I am not a member there.

The last time I shot there (several years ago) I was with a group of guys shooting machine guns. To say we were treated poorly would be an understatement.

F*ck them, they will never get a dime from me.
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:53 am

S Lance wrote:A sad situation and a bad way to avoid liability. Gun owners seem to be their own worst enemies.

Instead of taking an antagonist approach with the board of directors, would education help? Any constructive ideas? Realistically, a boycott seems somewhat counterproductive in that their intention is obviously to not have anyone in the club that is interested in "rapid fire" or machineguns. I'm just throwing the idea out there for discussion...
We have tried this several times. My family has been members there for as long as I can remember. Several times, they have come to mom and dad for help getting shoots organized there. USPSA and Cowboy. All of the times, after the first shoot, the board decided these forms of shooting were too dangerous.

We kept our memberships, so that we could shoot on the long ranges, but as Mitch can verify, this last year, we witnessed people shooting .22's into the ground 10 ft downrange on the long range, and refusing to move. We have been ran off of the other ranges because people had told their friends to meet them on a certain range instead of going to the next one. The list can go on and on.

I am done with them, any gun range who will openly invite Democratic politicians to come and shoot with them, and allow themselves to be a campaign stop for the enemy are not our friends. I have looked over a lot in the last couple of years, but no more.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

robertm

Post by robertm » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 am

This is the email I sent to them.

I had my form filled out and check ready to send in to join what would seem to be a nice range to shoot and practice my conceal carry handgun training.

New Rules are giving me pause.

_ There will be no fully automatic fire. (Exception) Government and law enforcement agency training.

_ Very rapid fire, more than one round per second, is not allowed. (Exception) A sanctioned timed event.

Safe and reasonable gun fire is safe be it fully automatic or rapid fire. The new rules will limit me to an extent that I cannot make use of the ranges so I will not be sending you my money for membership.

I have also informed my father in-law, father and my other friends I will not be joining there as the new rules will disallow safe training that is needed to maintain prophecies for conceal carry.

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am

Don't worry Jeff, every time I've been out there to use the long range there has been some dipshit plinking with a .22 pistol into the mud hole in front of the benches over there anyway. You aren't missing much.
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 pm

If any other NEKFG members want to come to the board meeting with me - I'd love to get a big crew together and go out.

Thursday January 29th 2009 at 7:00pm at the main building out there.
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.