IDPA BUG match, Saturday, April 14, 2018

General stuff for general folks
Wlktheduk

IDPA BUG match, Saturday, April 14, 2018

Post by Wlktheduk » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:16 pm

Three years in a row, the "Usual Suspects" decided to have the April IDPA match designed around the Back Up Gun division, with BUG friendly stages. The crowd seems to like it (so far at least, no threatening letters, only a few dirty looks, and still no tar and feathers :eek: )

So, at least one more time, we're having another BUG specific match, on SATURDAY, April 14, 2018. Sign up will be at 10:30AM, at the ranges. $15 for the first entry, and $5.00 for additional entries (as in BUG-S semi-automatic and BUG-R revolver)

What's a Back Up Gun? According to the 2017 IDPA rulebook, (8.2.7) there are two sub-categories for this division. IDPA HQ has changed some of the specific's from previous editions:

Semi-Automatic (BUG-S) 3 1/2" barrel or less, .380ACP minimum,
6 1/2"long, 4 5/8 tall, 1 3/8" wide, 26 ounces with empty magazine.
Loaded at start with 6 rounds maximum (1 chambered, 5 in magazine. Spare magazine(s) with 6 rounds.

Revolver (BUG-R) 2 1/2" barrel or less, .38 special minimum, rimmed cases, no moon clips.
6 1/2" long, 4 5/8" tall, 1 3/8" wide, 26 ounces empty.
Loaded at start with 5 rounds maximum of in cylinder.

Ashland Gun Club BUG match plans: The stages will have strings of fire with 5 (or less) scored rounds, to make a place for the J-frame revolver (5-shot) or the RugerLCP/KelTec P3AT pocket blasters)
A stage CAN have more then one string of fire.

Right now, we are not requiring holster draws, with all starts from ready pistol, briefcase, table top, under a napkin, pillow, in a gun bag, etc...
BUT, if you have a safe holster (covered trigger guard, belt carry) there may be a stage where you will get to choose between drawing, or grabbing your pistol off the table top (or where ever)

There will be a stage requiring a reload on the clock. That stage will only have 10 scored rounds, so a J-frame can still play. Only one spare speedloader (or magazine) will be required. Of course, you can use loose rounds :D The reload will be staged on a table top, in the drawer, on the seat etc, so you won't need mag or speedloader pouches for your BUG.

Round count should be over 50 and under 100 (to be decided later)
Targets should be big and close (but not always)
There will be NO-Shoots, for certain pistolero's to shoot :D

Question: What if I do not have a Back Up Gun (BUG) as defined by IDPA, or just want to shoot the match with my normal IDPA SSP/ESP/CDP/CCP/REV gun?

Come on out anyway and shoot the stages with whatever you've got.
You'll shoot the stages according to the stage briefing, just like the BUG's will, but your scores will be listed by the division your equipment puts you into

bnew

Re: IDPA BUG match, Saturday, April 14, 2018

Post by bnew » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:58 am

I just want to say "THANK YOU" to all those who set up stages and or organized the BUG MATCH. For some, like me, its the gun I carry the most but shoot the least. Again, THANK YOU ,
B New