Night Match

General stuff for general folks
S Lance
Forum Administrator

Night Match

Post by S Lance » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:02 am

The club's second annual night match will be held Saturday, October 27th, 2018. It will be held the evening after the IDPA match.

Expect 3-5 stages. Round count is yet to be determined, but stages may consist of 30+ rounds. Cost is yet to be determined.

Sign up will start at 6:45PM and it should get dark enough to start shooting around 7:30PM.

Scoring will be IDPA format, but this is a wildcat match so modifications to the rules will be made as needed to allow a safe match.

Shooters may have guns bagged. There will be no holster starts. Pistols and PCC's are okay, but no full powered rifles and no suppressors.

Shooters may utilize handheld lights, weapon mounted lights or NODs, and lasers (vis or IR) and rds's are fine.

All shooters will be required to wear a chemlight, front and back for safety purposes, and these will be provided.

Headlamps are highly encouraged to allow quick scoring and for administrative tasks, but are not to be used for shooting.

There will be a little supplement light in the staging areas provided for administrative tasks, but the ranges will remain unlit otherwise.

I will update with additional details when available. Last year's match went great and this one should be even better.

:)

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Re: Night Match

Post by S Lance » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Cost will be $15.

There will most likely be 4 stages with one go through only. (We need to finish promptly.)

Expect a varied stage design with a little more shooting demands than the last match. There will likely be at least one stage with a door or reload or similar, that will challenge those using a handheld light along with the pistol. Those shooters might be advised to either use a lanyard on their lights or otherwise consider how to deal with such situations.

There will likely be one or two longish shots, maybe at steel. Otherwise, all targets will be paper. There may be shoot and no shoot indicators and hard cover.

It should be a really fun match. Like last year, the emphasis will be on safety. I believe that everyone came away from the last match having learned something.

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:07 pm

I'm looking forward to this one.

I've been out of it for a long time and it gives me a reason to buy some lights (well, an excuse anyway :D )

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Bumping this thread to the top.

The match is this weekend. It should be pretty good!

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Looks like it might be a little rainy so it will be extra dark!

This will be a great opportunity to practice your night shooting skills in less than ideal conditions. It should make for a great match!