I like Kentucky

General stuff for general folks
Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:12 pm

2nd year in a row Ky has been number 1

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Considering almost every new gun comes with a cable lock or in the case of some guns, an internal locking mechanism.

Furthermore, you could probably go to almost any agency and pickup a gun lock or five. There's several programs in Ohio that fund a box of gun locks to each of Ohio's 88 county Sheriffs. I would imagine other states have "ninny" groups that do the same type of funding.

Duh, no law can protect us from ourselves, but taking a few simple steps can go a long way. I recall we had a topic not long ago about how most/all of us knew the ass beating we'd get for playing in the gun closet/drawer.
:confused:

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Just my opinion, but less laws almost always beats more laws. Frankly, I think you should be able to walk into a store, hand the clerk your money, and walk out with your rifle/pistol/shotgun/mg/silencer/whatever, no questions asked.

Oh yeah, go Kentucky.:)

robertm

Post by robertm » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:09 pm

Bigfoot wrote:Considering almost every new gun comes with a cable lock or in the case of some guns, an internal locking mechanism.

Furthermore, you could probably go to almost any agency and pickup a gun lock or five. There's several programs in Ohio that fund a box of gun locks to each of Ohio's 88 county Sheriffs. I would imagine other states have "ninny" groups that do the same type of funding.

Duh, no law can protect us from ourselves, but taking a few simple steps can go a long way. I recall we had a topic not long ago about how most/all of us knew the ass beating we'd get for playing in the gun closet/drawer.

I do understand your point. Poeple should secure there guns just not sure if a law is needed.

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Scott when I become benevolent leader for life you sir will be in charge of the new ATF department and convenence store chain.