Bad Weather Blues

General stuff for general folks
Wheelgunner

Bad Weather Blues

Post by Wheelgunner » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:32 pm

So I have really been wanting some trigger time. Went to the club one day and walked up the hill. Meet a couple of guys. Sorry I am bad with names. Nice guys!!! They let me play with their toys...very cool a homemade AR and a Judge. Very cool! I have been wanting a snubby and after much research and debate I made a big decision. I went and bought a SP101 yesterday. Picked up a few speedloaders and was going to try to do some BUG runs at the IDPA match along with my XD. I come home....no match. Cursed Weather! So today for sanity and piece of mind(I have two kids under 2) I went to a friends house and put a few rounds through it. I have to say. WOW! There are a few things to note. The trigger is double action only and very heavy. Maybe not as heavy as the Smith 60 but close. The double action requires you to stage the trigger to get an accurate longer shot. I have to say though I was pleasantly surprised. Despite the 2" barrel I was able to get 5 in a 8" circle two handed at 50 yards. I like it. I have always been a Ruger snob, but after this and my brothers Ruger Blackhawk. I think thay make a good pistol, not a competition pistol, but a good pistol. Now I need a night guard in a eight shot and I guess a 4inch 625. After that I will try to get one of these fancy autoloader pistols and try my hand at a open and a limited gun.