Reloading Equipment???

General stuff for general folks
kfbagt

Post by kfbagt » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Thanks for all of the good info guys. My research was pointing me at the Dillon or at the RCBS product line. I didn't hear anyone mention that brand so I am assuming that its high cost is not worth it. Looks like the Dillon is a little more affordable. Thanks for all of the advice. Now I just need to figure out what/where to get the supplies I need to actually make a bullet. I know that picking up brass will become important but where do you guys buy your supplies?

One more question..... If done right about what will the final cost per round be to shoot .40 S&W ?? (not including the press, just the supplies assuming you are buying the casings)

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Dillon

Buy once, Cry Once. You will eventually end up with one anyway.:D
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

MRB

Post by MRB » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:18 pm

You missed a primo chance Sunday, there were about half a billion rounds of 40 brass left on the range. I even managed to scarf up some 45 that Paul missed! You might want to check Chuck at Shooters Connection(.com). I understand he has good prices on bullets, and he shoots at the club, so you can save on shipping. I also like dealing with Midway USA and Natchez Shooters Supply on the web, but I'm not sure on their component pricing-I usually buy primers & powder at Border's. Have no idea on per round cost. Of course, you can shoot factory and police up your brass until you get enough saved up to reload. Hope this helps.

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:39 pm

The more you buy the cheaper it is as long as you dont figure in your time.

Dont buy 100 primers buy 5,000.
Buy 4 pounds of powder.

Powder & Primers

Sam Burton at the Skeet club, top of the hill, most Sundays or Powder Valley.

Bullets, Chuck at Shooters Connection but if he dosent have any try Montana Gold.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 pm

We get our powder off of Sam, IM me or email me for his phone number.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................