General stuff for general folks
Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:02 pm

I like the included picture.
Attachments
09-06-08.jpg
09-06-08.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 am

Well I know I am obviously prejudiced for Sarah Palin. As I watched the debate last night I honestly tried to remain objective. I would have to give Sarah an A- on the debate.

I wish she would have said a few things she didn't, like "you can't give 95 percent of the people a tax cut when the bottom 50 percent slightly less than 4 percent of the federal taxes. If you don't pay federal income taxes, you can't get a tax cut. Of course you can get a check from those who do pay taxes, which is what BHO is actually talking about.

I would have liked her to say " You have described how John McCain is the wrong person to be President. You have described all the bad votes he has made in his career. Yet you stated you would be proud to be John McCain's VP running mate. Well I join you in that Senator Biden. I am also proud to be John McCain's VP running mate."

When Biden was talking about growing up in Pennsylvania, I wish she would have said "While I haven't lived in Pennsylvania, I have visited the fine people who live there. I found them honest, hard working, folks much like the people who live in my state of Alaska. What I didn't find was the "bitter people clinging to their guns and religion" that your running mate Barrack Obama described.

Alas she didn't say these things. What she did say though was plenty good enough to soundly thrash the person who claims to have written the Assault Weapons Ban.

Go Sara Cuda!!!!!
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:37 am

Biden's political experience through the years (IE, back peddling his butt off) really benefited him. I thought they both did very well, I was disappointed that Biden didn't really screw up! Palin held her own, though, and against a guy that has been giving speeches and such longer than she has been alive I think she has to get some bonus points. I don't think the debate will cause anyone that wasn't already supporting one candidate over the other to change their mind.
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:03 am

I really liked Thompson's breakdown of the debate. He immediately exposed a bunch of lies or misrepresentations that Joe spouted off as fact. I hope her performance will light a fire under McCain's ass, and get him back on message, like he was before the convention.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:26 am

I'm a fan of Fred. Damn him for dropping out.
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.