Sam's Club heads-up

General stuff for general folks
MRB

Sam's Club heads-up

Post by MRB » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Yesterday, whilst shopping at Sam's in South Point, I noticed a rather large lad sporting an unconcealed holster/mag combo. Curiosity got the best of me, and when I had the opportunity, asked him why he didn't just leave it in the holster and pull his t-shirt over it. He replied that, on one of his visits, he had been "made", and politely asked to leave. Apparently, although they do not have signs posted, it's company policy to ask anyone spotted carrying to leave (probably fearing a stampede of sheeple). I will continue to shop (and carry) there, but just wanted to pass this along to one and all.

P.S.: Fear not, let ye think I have become weak-the day that I am asked to leave will be the last day I darken their doorstep.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Concealed carry means concealed from view to me. I think he was doing it wrong if he got made.

Does OH have specific signage requirements about CCW?
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

MRB

Post by MRB » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Probably was-I've carried my 5 inch over there, and nobody, to my knowledge, has ever looked twice.
As far as signage-yes, there is a specific sign, red bar circle with a pistol in it and wording to the effect of "you're not welcome here, take your money elsewhere." You can see an example on the Ohio AG's concealed carry website.

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:05 pm

There is NO specific signage required by law. Any type of "no guns" can apply: circle with slash, wording such as "no guns allowed", etc.

Unfortunately, the republicrats will not pass a law similar to KY's "screw you I'm carrying anyway" sign. I always laugh when going into KDMC or KYOVA when I see their signs.
:confused:

MRB

Post by MRB » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:46 pm

The ones that I've seen have been the one posted on the AG's website. Of course, someone define "unless persuant to law". You could argue that, if you have a CCW, you are.

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:05 pm

So he was inside Sams and open carry?

Ohio has open carry?

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:25 am

Yes Ohio has open carry. The problem with Sam's is they are a "private club". All they have to do is revoke or refuse to issue a membership.

Actually there is quiet a bit of information on http://www.opencarry.org
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.

MRB

Post by MRB » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Actually, he just had an empty holster-no pistol.

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:18 pm

"Sam's Club" as I see may be a "membership club" but you can still shop there without a membership. You have to go to the customer service desk, get a special card to checkout with and you pay 10% extra on everything. The door nazi requesting credentials can't really stop you from entering as much as the one stopping you from exiting wanting to see your receipt.

The prosecutor in this county has already stated that he would attempt to try a case on someone carrying into an establishment that sales beer only. The ORC states you have to be going into a place that serves "liquor". The ORC further defines that "beer" and "liquor" are different. Despite the ORC, you'd still be appealing after the local cokehead/prosecutor/rino convicts you so I have no doubt he'd try a case for "unless authorized by law" clause.

I hate Ohio!
:confused: