Anyone hit the gun show?

General stuff for general folks
slade797

Anyone hit the gun show?

Post by slade797 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 am

Anyone go to the gun show in Cannonsburg this past weekend? I went for a quick walk-through. Pretty much the same old stuff. One guy was selling .308 ammo, FMJ military stuff, and it was priced at forty bucks for fifty rounds. Same guy had American Eagle 9mm priced at twenty bucks for fifty rounds. I didn't really see anything else that jumped out at me as interesting. I did buy an unissued FAL bayonet, and a couple of rifle cases. I balked at $25 each for used FAL mags, however.
"In these days of widespread illiteracy, functional illiteracy .... anything that keeps people stupid is a felony."
- Harlan Ellison

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:17 am

I've been so disappointed in that show the last few years I didn't bother. Last time I went there were more jewelry dealers than gun dealers.
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

slade797

Post by slade797 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:53 am

Mitch wrote:I've been so disappointed in that show the last few years I didn't bother. Last time I went there were more jewelry dealers than gun dealers.
I was there for about fifteen minutes. You didn't miss nothin'.
"In these days of widespread illiteracy, functional illiteracy .... anything that keeps people stupid is a felony."
- Harlan Ellison

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 pm

But what about the loophole that allows everyone to buy grenades, RPG's, and machineguns without even a cursory background check? I would have thought that the gunshow would have been jammed packed with fun stuff.:)

slade797

Post by slade797 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:38 pm

S Lance wrote:But what about the loophole that allows everyone to buy grenades, RPG's, and machineguns without even a cursory background check? I would have thought that the gunshow would have been jammed packed with fun stuff.:)
There was lots of fun stuff, all priced at retail-plus. Well, retail plus retail.
- Harlan Ellison