Home Invasions

General stuff for general folks
Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Some idiot in Columbus decided that a correctional facility not operated by the state (although state funded) can dictate whether firearms are allowed on the facility property or not. Despite being able to leave a gun in the car at the courthouse's parking lot, it is a felony for it to be on our grounds.

I know, in the car means concealed...again the entire "you lose your rights" on facility property is in effect.

Inmates have more fucking rights than we do. :mad:
:confused:

st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:20 am

I've never been a big fan of storing my best home defense weapons [i.e. zombie spray] in a safe. Guns locked up might as well still be at the gun store if you want to protect yourself. I can understand not wanting to have an arsenal in your lap when the police break in, but I sleep with an 870 loaded up with 6 rounds of 00 Buck with the chamber empty, and my .45 with 10+1 and a spare mag, and lastly I have a tomahawk right next to the bed which I love :cool:

Some people would say I'm paranoid for keeping that much around, I say "with that much in my grasp and the door locked anyway, what do I have to be paranoid about?"

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:08 am

Not paranoid, just prepared :)
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:06 pm

"Prepared" that's a tad bit more prepared.

As little faith I have on modern-day "agencies" coming to confiscate my guns, I still don't think I could get off *that* many rounds before buying the farm or getting one of those spiffy 12ga taser slugs in my back from that side window I forgot about.

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:46 pm

I'm going to have to kid-proof my gun locations sometime soon. I have them all over since I'm the only kid in the house right now but several aren't very little kid friendly... Like the ones I keep on my coffee table ;-)
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:03 am

Mitch, not many things in that big old house of your's is very "kid friendly". Stairs, hard floors, etc., I'm not sure how you've survived this long! :D

Sort of makes me wonder how the hell any of us lived with guns all over the house. We all knew damn good and well what kind of an ass busting would be coming if we got into that stuff.....some how I wonder how its different a generation later?

Could it be, all those politically correct "darker than light skinned citizens of almost all the way north but not quite north America" calling my kind STUPID because he doesn't know what a good thrashing is?

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:18 am

I wear a foam padded kevlar suit when I'm home. I'll have to get one made for the kid as well.
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:19 am

I really like your helmet, too.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:22 am

Oh, and I'm going to handle gun safety the same way it was handled with me. BY TEACHING MY KID GUN SAFETY. He'll know they're not toys and to never so much as touch one without my expressed permission.

I grew up with a glass gun case that was always unlocked and every gun in it was loaded ("What good is an unloaded gun" - Dad). While most of mine are in a safe now, I'll still have some out for protection. They'll be out of reach while baby Vincent is too young to be taught what they are and how to handle them but when the time comes, they'll pretty much go back to where they are now..

And yes, if my kid gets out of line he's going to get the back-hand. I did, and I deserved it a lot more than I got it! There is a huge difference in a spanking and a beating, though the two seem to be synonymous these days as far as all the lefties are concerned. Nonsense!
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:23 am

Hairy78 wrote:I really like your helmet, too.
The one that matches yours or the super-ultra-elite one with a camera, lamp and shotgun mounted on it?

BAM.

Sorry about XBox. We can't seem to get together on that thing for long. I was summoned by the wife ;-)
--
- Mitchell Vincent