Another good time

General stuff for general folks
creekerdoug

Another good time

Post by creekerdoug » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Today's USPSA/carbine match was another good time. Several of the WV regulars chose to go to a match in Marietta, OH. Those dumb asses missed a good time.

As usual, the only pistols that didn't run were of the 1911 persuasion; which is no surprise.

The carbine match was, as usual, was more fun than drowning a bag full kittens. It was a lot of fun watching the right handed oppressors trying to shoot left handed.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 am

creekerdoug wrote:Today's USPSA/carbine match was another good time. Several of the WV regulars chose to go to a match in Marietta, OH. Those dumb asses missed a good time.

As usual, the only pistols that didn't run were of the 1911 persuasion; which is no surprise.

The carbine match was, as usual, was more fun than drowning a bag full kittens. It was a lot of fun watching the right handed oppressors trying to shoot left handed.
That's not entirely true, I have a sick Glock, however, I think we have it narrowed down to a bad trigger.
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

Wlktheduk

Post by Wlktheduk » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 am

Yes, it was a good time at the range. I was very glad to get out to AGC again, and to see if I could hit anything (downrange, that is!!! and in the scoring zones, and NOT on a N/S!!!)

Matt & Steve, you are starting to get me hooked on this RCC thing...which may not be a good thing :D

Gary, Paul, Matt & Scott; nice stages for a less then sunny & dry day. Thanks. But Gary, I would like to know how you set up that target on "Which Side First?"
You know, the WIDE OPEN TARGET with the hidden mover, that moved it completely out of the way of my shot, resulting in my name being used in vain (as in Alpha, @!&* MIKE !!!!!!!)
Viva La REVOlution!

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:05 pm

creekerdoug wrote:As usual, the only pistols that didn't run were of the 1911 persuasion; which is no surprise.
Must have been the operator, mine ran fine.

scooterd

Post by scooterd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 pm

I like the carbine shooting. One thing I think we should add to it is some reloads. Under the weather conditions we had. I was tickled we didn't drown.

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:08 pm

scooterd wrote:I like the carbine shooting. One thing I think we should add to it is some reloads. Under the weather conditions we had. I was tickled we didn't drown.
I'm sort of torn on this. Since I plan on shooting an AK pattern rifle the rest of the year, the idea of not having to struggle with reloading the stupid thing is nice. However, if the RCC gang feels like it isn't being challenged, I'm sure that MRB and I can come up with something a bit more demanding.:D

scooterd

Post by scooterd » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 pm

I bring up the reload because last match we had one stage we decided to shoot one side strong then transition and shoot week. I've stood and went through the sling manipulation at home and thought I had it but when the buzzer went off it was a little shaky doing transition. I think it's great what were doing. The best practice is doing it under stress. Also I think it would help on working the bugs out of equipment "chest rigs and such". With what we've done already I've changed some stuff.

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:31 am

scooterd wrote:I bring up the reload because last match we had one stage we decided to shoot one side strong then transition and shoot week. I've stood and went through the sling manipulation at home and thought I had it but when the buzzer went off it was a little shaky doing transition. I think it's great what were doing. The best practice is doing it under stress. Also I think it would help on working the bugs out of equipment "chest rigs and such". With what we've done already I've changed some stuff.
I'm just bustin on you.;)

I agree 100% with your statement.

bcp307

Another good time

Post by bcp307 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:34 am

At the next match let's try working in at least one transition, some support side shooting and a mag change sometime during the 4 stages. (Scott: sorry about the mag change).

Let's keep the RCC interest growing!

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Transitions? Support side shooting?? Mag changes??? Oh the HORROR!!;)

However, I'm OK with all that. I just appreciate the opportunity to shoot with you.