Our Future

General stuff for general folks
Gary Stevens

Our Future

Post by Gary Stevens » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:59 pm

This was written by a French politician who was studying our form of government about 200 years ago.

?A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.? Alexis de Tocqueville

After the election last night, this has more meaning than ever before.
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:08 pm

The "Free Shit Army" has won, we are doomed as a country.

This is actually a good time to be an old man, likely won't live long enough to see how this all ends.
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Perhaps, the only way to exterminate the parasites is to let the host die. I hope to live long enough to see the all EBT cards stop working and then the party will really get started.

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:12 pm

While I'm as happy as anyone to blame the FSA, it is my prayer that this leads to some real soul searching from the GOP. If they aren't capable of objectively examining why they lost so soundly, there is no hope for another R president in my life time. It is time for a lot of OBJECTIVE reflection on the party's part.

:mad:

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 pm

S Lance wrote:While I'm as happy as anyone to blame the FSA, it is my prayer that this leads to some real soul searching from the GOP. If they aren't capable of objectively examining why they lost so soundly, there is no hope for another R president in my life time. It is time for a lot of OBJECTIVE reflection on the party's part.

:mad:
Do you have a suggestion? Not meaning that in a snide way, but we all know there is a problem, but bringing a viable solution is somewhat harder

I heard Rush say today, and I think he is right, "It is hard to beat Santa Claus."

I think we have reached a tipping point. 50 percent of the people don't pay income taxes so they really don't care what happens to the 50 percent who do pay them. More people know about the "Who's got talent", "Dancing with the Stars", Snookie and Kim Kardashian and a host of other things, than know who leads our country and the effect their decisions have on them.

Real history and civics are not taught in school anymore. Now we are more concerned with the students self-esteem.

If the GOP has to try to be more Democrat than the Democrats are then we might as well turn out the lights the party is over.

When the 50 percent pulling the wagon decide to quit pulling the 50 percent in the wagon, maybe things will turn around.

My 2 cents after taxes.
Resistance is mandatory.

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Gary Stevens wrote:Do you have a suggestion? Not meaning that in a snide way, but we all know there is a problem, but bringing a viable solution is somewhat harder

I heard Rush say today, and I think he is right, "It is hard to beat Santa Claus."

I think we have reached a tipping point. 50 percent of the people don't pay income taxes so they really don't care what happens to the 50 percent who do pay them. More people know about the "Who's got talent", "Dancing with the Stars", Snookie and Kim Kardashian and a host of other things, than know who leads our country and the effect their decisions have on them.

Real history and civics are not taught in school anymore. Now we are more concerned with the students self-esteem.

If the GOP has to try to be more Democrat than the Democrats are then we might as well turn out the lights the party is over.

When the 50 percent pulling the wagon decide to quit pulling the 50 percent in the wagon, maybe things will turn around.

My 2 cents after taxes.
Perhaps it is a conversation better saved for a face to face encounter as I'm tired and grumpy from watching the election last night. Let me just say though, that when the GOP is 20% points behind the Dems among women and young adults, and even further behind among minorites, it does (in my humble opinion) no good to simply complain. If the GOP message and tactics don't change, there will never be another GOP president, it's just that simple.

The FSA isn't going to vote R under any circumstance, but I don't think we should fool ourselves that every singe person that voted Dem is part of that group. I think the GOP continously shoots itself in the foot by being so dogmatic on so many largely irrelevent issues, that a lot of voters are put off, particularly when the issue is cleverly spun by the other party.

Anyway, that's my vent for the evening. Maybe we can talk about it at the next match.

:)

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:20 pm

S Lance wrote:Perhaps it is a conversation better saved for a face to face encounter as I'm tired and grumpy from watching the election last night. Let me just say though, that when the GOP is 20% points behind the Dems among women and young adults, and even further behind among minorites, it does (in my humble opinion) no good to simply complain. If the GOP message and tactics don't change, there will never be another GOP president, it's just that simple.

The FSA isn't going to vote R under any circumstance, but I don't think we should fool ourselves that every singe person that voted Dem is part of that group. I think the GOP continously shoots itself in the foot by being so dogmatic on so many largely irrelevent issues, that a lot of voters are put off, particularly when the issue is cleverly spun by the other party.

Anyway, that's my vent for the evening. Maybe we can talk about it at the next match.

:)
Agreed. However, if the dogmatic issues you refer to are embracing gay marriage, killing babies in the womb, and welcoming illegals who break into our country and violate our laws, I am willing to remain a minority political party.
Resistance is mandatory.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:50 am

Gary, agreed!
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Gary Stevens wrote:Agreed. However, if the dogmatic issues you refer to are embracing gay marriage, killing babies in the womb, and welcoming illegals who break into our country and violate our laws, I am willing to remain a minority political party.
No compromise possible at all on non-Constitutional issues?

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 pm

S Lance wrote:No compromise possible at all on non-Constitutional issues?
No compromise on core values.

I believe we are a country of laws. If we don't like them, we work to change them through the legislative process, not just ignore them. Rewarding illegal behavior simply encourages more illegal behavior, IMO.

As to embracing homosexuality and ripping babies apart in the womb, or plunging a pair of sicissors into the back of their heads and suctioning out their brains while they struggle to live, no. I have enough to answer to God for without trying to explain why I endorsed these acts.
Resistance is mandatory.