New AR/Sight questions/Entry-level 1911

Talk about your guns and gear here
Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:58 pm

I thought only Open shooters got cookies.

The Open guys always said come to the dark side We have cookies.

I did and no cookies. Now your tell me I could get cookies just for having or shooting a rifle.

Wheelgunner

Post by Wheelgunner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Something to remember when buying the pistol is the caliber. I know that most hard core 1911 guys say to start with a 45. To shoot that round in competition is rough on your wallet. I have a Springfield A1 in 45 and I love it. I am looking at a couple of more and will probably get a 40. I am not sure of the USPSA rules, but if you are going to shoot competition you need at least a 40 to hit major in limited. I think that this is correct. The other option is a single stack or a wide body. I have to agree with the Springfield and the Kimber suggestion. Great guns!

robertm

Post by robertm » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:43 am

I know there are some hard core 1911 guys but sense you already have XD why not look at an XD in 45 or 40 depending on what you wanting to do. Would work the same as the XD 9 you have now same trigger so on.

I think my next automatic pistol will be a XD40 Tactical. Then I will be completing with same gun more or less as I plane to carry. I guess you have to think about what you looking for and make a choice like the rest of us. :) But I figure my choice might still change :D

hesedmedia

Post by hesedmedia » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah, springfield has xd .45s, but the search for a 1911 is about escaping the XD trigger feel, as well as finding the better defense round.
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Ghandi, famous gun nut

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:29 pm

Gunworks wrote:I thought only Open shooters got cookies.

The Open guys always said come to the dark side We have cookies.

I did and no cookies. Now your tell me I could get cookies just for having or shooting a rifle.
We never said anything about cookies. We told you there would be cake. But only if you survived the Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment Center.

Since this is a slow weekend on here, I am trying to liven it up a little. 5 Points to whoever understands this message.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Portal reference?

Hairy78 wrote:We never said anything about cookies. We told you there would be cake. But only if you survived the Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment Center.

Since this is a slow weekend on here, I am trying to liven it up a little. 5 Points to whoever understands this message.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Yes sir, remember the cake is a lie
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................