$6 Shoulder Massage

Talk about your guns and gear here
st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:26 pm

McMillan TAC 50 with AAC Cyclops :D

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:44 pm

OK, here is the truth about this rifle.

When I didn't get the chance to go with Mitch on the initial range session of this rifle, Mitch told me it was fine and manageable. And he had 7 rounds left that we could shoot this weekend. My shields must have been down, because I should have remembered he only had 10 rounds at the time, and there had to be a reason why he only shot it twice, and let his brother in law shoot it once.

Today, Mitch shot it first and I was spotting for him. At about 20 feet away, it didn't sound all that loud, and I was watching his target instead of watching him. This was my second mistake.

It was my turn and I positioned my self on the bench. I loaded one round, and let the scope settle onto the target. I was leaning into the gun a fair bit.

I breathed and squeezed, and then the 7th gateway to Hell opened up. The sound reminded me of being caught at the green light of a top fuel dragster race when you don't have your ear muffs on because you are trying to listen to the guy beside you speak, and you are in the 5th row.

The recoil was brutal. It wasn't a sharp kick at all. It was slow and forceful. The recoil impulse took long enough for me to think, Baby Jesus make it stop. It felt like it took forever to lose it's energy against my shoulder.

It gets better, the recoil and noise were minor in comparison to the over pressure in the shooter's envelope. It felt like someone punched me square in the nose, and the gun never came close to me. It was a pressure wave, that made my eyes tear, my sinuses drain, and later when I got home and blew my nose, I discovered it had been bleeding.

I should have learned my lesson, but mistake #3. I shot it again. This time, I leaned farther into it. Same noise and over pressurization, but this time instead of being pushed back with the recoil, it twisted my right shoulder on my hips like an old G I Joe figure could swivel.

Right now, I feel like I was a character in Fight Club.

Thanks Mitch
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:49 pm

You do know that 2 meters from the muzzle the sound and pressure is equivalent to a quarter stick of dynamite right? So how was it compared to the RUM?

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYQe3Bs6_gU

That's my best friend's younger brother, it's his first time shooting a real firearm ever...of course none of my friends thought to record me shooting :(

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:49 pm

st33ve0 wrote:You do know that 2 meters from the muzzle the sound and pressure is equivalent to a quarter stick of dynamite right? So how was it compared to the RUM?

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYQe3Bs6_gU

That's my best friend's younger brother, it's his first time shooting a real firearm ever...of course none of my friends thought to record me shooting :(
The recoil is not as sharp as the unsuppressed RUM. But it lasts a lot longer. The over pressure is what was really so bad about the retina detatcher, Mitch calls a rifle.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

skoalsoldier

Post by skoalsoldier » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:58 am

Whenever we did range time with the Barrett we would use ear plugs and muffs lmao.

One of the guys in another truck during a firefight overseas told me he could feel the overpressure from my M2HB 50 cal a little over 20 meters away hehe. He was like "That was just ridiculous".
"Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weak say, "I am strong." Joel 3:10

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Mon May 25, 2009 8:52 am

How about an update? How did it shoot with the new goodies installed?:)

MRB

Post by MRB » Mon May 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Mitch graced me with two rounds-it's a big, loud, pussycat!:p

st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:07 pm

I got to shoot the fiddy this weekend and I think my left shoulder is sore...[I'm a righty and shot right handed :p] That was a fun thing to shoot, but I knew it was about to hit the fan when Mitch and Hairy told me not to fire until they were out from underneath the shelter...

Mitch
Forum Administrator

Post by Mitch » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:34 pm

So, you going to buy the thing or what?
--
- Mitchell Vincent

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Chillywig

Post by Chillywig » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:49 am

Hairy78 wrote:OK, here is the truth about this rifle.

It gets better, the recoil and noise were minor in comparison to the over pressure in the shooter's envelope. It felt like someone punched me square in the nose, and the gun never came close to me. It was a pressure wave, that made my eyes tear, my sinuses drain, and later when I got home and blew my nose, I discovered it had been bleeding.

Thanks Mitch

Right now I have a sinus infection. Would I be better off going and spending 12 bucks on pseudoephedrine or two rounds???