Time to show off some of my favorite gear

Talk about your guns and gear here
st33ve0

Time to show off some of my favorite gear

Post by st33ve0 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:32 am

Here are a few things I've picked up from a good friend in town who I also attended SHOT '09 with.

This is my personal 'hawk which is a prototype with an ABS handle, the new ones are injection molded ST-801 rubberized nylon. The reason it's all scratched up and pretty is that it was used as a demo piece at the 2008 AAC Silencer Shoot:

This one is my dad's crash axe after being used as a demo piece at the shoot:

st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:33 am

This guy had someone bet him $20 that he couldn't take out the entire moon roof, probably the easiest $20 the guy ever made:

And here's some cool pinup art featuring the Eagle Talon:

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:38 am

I want to see the Youtube vid of breaking into a car. I know you have it.:D
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:44 am

Here are some nice shots from Stickman. I'm sure a lot of you have already seen his work. This is version 1 of the Shrike with injection molded handle and the oval shaped collar at the top of the handle. In newer versions the collar was removed, and in the latest version the visible edges are CNC profiled and chamfered [no pics of those yet].

st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:48 am

Hairy78 wrote:I want to see the Youtube vid of breaking into a car. I know you have it.:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOZ5gLSefhY

Here's the Eagle Talon used in the video afterward, all car doors were locked before filming:

If a member from another forum will get off his butt and send me some video I'll show you guys some cool stuff from the silencer shoot of the crash axe at work.

Also, it comes in desert camo and black:

kfbagt

Post by kfbagt » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:32 am

not to be a d!ck, but that looked about as inefficient as possible. I'm sure there may be more to it then what was shown in that video but i was distracted by the fact that they didn't even stop running the garbage truck next to the car the whole time the guy was talking. Other than poking holes in cars, what could you really do with this tool that you can't do with whay you are already carrying on your person?? (other than chop down a tree)
Some people have called me ignorant and apethetic...

I tell them I don't know what that means and I don't care.

st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:09 am

kfbagt wrote:not to be a d!ck, but that looked about as inefficient as possible. I'm sure there may be more to it then what was shown in that video but i was distracted by the fact that they didn't even stop running the garbage truck next to the car the whole time the guy was talking. Other than poking holes in cars, what could you really do with this tool that you can't do with whay you are already carrying on your person?? (other than chop down a tree)
What equipment are you carrying already that can pull a deadbolt out of a wood door, puncture tires, open car doors, break windows, cut firewood :p, puncture MICH helmets and SAPI plates, chop through cinder block walls, scare locals that know you're ROE and laugh when you prod them with an M4, and still be used to rip out your enemies throat?

kfbagt

Post by kfbagt » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:24 am

well i guess the weapon is really about the man that is using it. I don't see the guy in the video being able to do any of those things. He had to hit the car door 4 or 5 times to penetrate it. I was afraid it was going to bounce off and stick in his knee!!
Some people have called me ignorant and apethetic...

I tell them I don't know what that means and I don't care.

st33ve0

Post by st33ve0 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZIO-6zYo3g

I guess a guy from AFSOC will have to do :p

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:14 pm

This would work really well in a zombie stage!