The FAL, she is finished

Talk about your guns and gear here
slade797

The FAL, she is finished

Post by slade797 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Well, almost. I have to get a top cover with a rail and an optic, but she feeds, fires, and functions. I might also replace the handguards and pistol grip, which are purely for 922r compliance.
"In these days of widespread illiteracy, functional illiteracy .... anything that keeps people stupid is a felony."
- Harlan Ellison

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm a sucker for FALs. I have a couple. Tell me about yours.
Attachments
FAL Pair.JPG

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Very nice. I've always had a soft spot for FAL's. (I suspect it comes from reading too many SOF's about Rhodesia during my formative years.:))

Nice camo btw.

slade797

Post by slade797 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:16 pm

creekerdoug wrote:I'm a sucker for FALs. I have a couple. Tell me about yours.
Mine is built with a Belgian kit I bought from Steve, on a Coonan Type III receiver. Since I took this pic, I've Gunkoted the charging handle, and added a flash hider. We've already named the rifle, after firing it alongside my AKs. In comparison to those weapons, this thing is a Thunderbolt.

S Lance wrote:Very nice. I've always had a soft spot for FAL's. (I suspect it comes from reading too many SOF's about Rhodesia during my formative years.:))

Nice camo btw.
Thanks. It's Dutch DPM, closest I could get for the inaugural firing of the Thunderbolt.
"In these days of widespread illiteracy, functional illiteracy .... anything that keeps people stupid is a felony."
- Harlan Ellison

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Thunderbolt is a very appropriate handle to hang on a FAL. I just call mine HARS (Heavy Ass Rifles) because, well, they are. I like them a lot but I don't want to have to carry one on a forced march. Not that a fat, lazy, bastard like me is going to take many walks with a combat load......