Aimpoint magnifier

Talk about your guns and gear here
S Lance
Forum Administrator

Aimpoint magnifier

Post by S Lance » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Does anyone have the 3X magnifier or have any experience with one? If somebody has one, would they bring it to a match for me to see?

The intended use is for carbine from CQB distances out to 300 yards. I'm also considering a low power variable scope but would like something that is as close to 1X as possible if anyone has any opinions.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:42 pm

I really like my Trijicon Acccupoint 1.25-4, and my Chinese Short Dot copies(1-4). I like the idea of the magnifiers, but the cost is too great. Meopta makes a variable that you can purchase for less than the scope and magnifier combo, and it works great on a member's competition rifle. Hopefully he will by here ASAP.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:04 am

Meopta Kdot or IOR 1.1 X 4 both are good and cheaper than a combo.

I have the IOR on my cat rifle (.338 Spectre) and it works well. I shot it on a .223 in one 3 gun match and I couldn't tell any difference in speed between it and a Aimpoint.

Of course I'm slower than shit so that might not be a good example.:D
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:50 am

Simmons 1.5 to 5 with the dimond retical.
Cheap and avalable from many sources.

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I could try some of the low power variables but I'm a little concerned that anything much beyond 1X tends to slow me down a little. (I have a 1.5X mini-acog, bought from ebay before they got stupid expensive.) Since I already have the Aimpoint and a flip-mount for a magnifier (which I actually won:)) I was hoping to try a real magnifier. I actually have a Chinese knock-off unit, but it is a piece of junk. The eye relief is like one inch and its really dim. I'm hoping that an actual Aimpoint unit will be better.

Gary Stevens

Post by Gary Stevens » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:23 pm

Scott, I was thinking about buying a magnifier, but a friend talked me out of it. He had tried one and said they were very sensitive to head position for one thing, and he wasn't satisfied with it.

I do like my K-dot Meopta though. The only issue is it is a tad large, but it is a 1x4 scope so maybe I can't cry too much.

Submitted FWIW.

Gary
Resistance is mandatory.

To be loved and resptected is desireable. To be feared will work also.