Suppressing a Advantage Arms Glock conversion

Talk about your guns and gear here
creekerdoug

Suppressing a Advantage Arms Glock conversion

Post by creekerdoug » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:02 pm

As usual, I'm looking for some guidance. I'm waiting on the ATF nod to pick up my rimfire suppressor. The primary host is going to be a Sig 522 but I happen to already own a Advantage Arms conversion for a Glock. AA offers a threaded barrel and for the price of a barrel I can have another host.

Any of you successfully suppressed a AA conversion?

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:40 pm

creekerdoug wrote:As usual, I'm looking for some guidance. I'm waiting on the ATF nod to pick up my rimfire suppressor. The primary host is going to be a Sig 522 but I happen to already own a Advantage Arms conversion for a Glock. AA offers a threaded barrel and for the price of a barrel I can have another host.

Any of you successfully suppressed a AA conversion?
Can't really help you, no experience with the AA conversion although I've been interested in one.

Does yours run pretty well?

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Despite owning the thing for more than a year I probably have only put 100 rounds through it. That's going to change this year but yes it runs fine with the recommended ammo.

One of my buds has 2000 rounds or more through his G19 conversion and he also says use the recommended ammo and you are golden.

brucejohnston

First time

Post by brucejohnston » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:43 pm

I just shot my Advantage Arms Glock 17 yesterday here in Pittsburgh. It ran great. Very accurate too. Too bad I only had 1 box of 550 .22 bullets. LOL!

Bruce

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Mon May 30, 2011 6:25 pm

I finally got everything together and field tested my AA Glock 17 conversion with a SWR Sprectre suppressor. It ran great! I used Eley and CCI subsonic along with some standard velocity 40 gr. Remington. The Remington is one of the AA recommended rounds. Everything went bang and cycled the gun.

At 20 yards the point of impact changed about 1" from unsuppressed to suppressed.

It was a lot of fun. I should have packed more ammuniton. :D

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 pm

creekerdoug wrote:I finally got everything together and field tested my AA Glock 17 conversion with a SWR Sprectre suppressor. It ran great! I used Eley and CCI subsonic along with some standard velocity 40 gr. Remington. The Remington is one of the AA recommended rounds. Everything went bang and cycled the gun.

At 20 yards the point of impact changed about 1" from unsuppressed to suppressed.

It was a lot of fun. I should have packed more ammuniton. :D
Very cool. I'm happy to hear the kit works okay with the relatively heavy Spectre.