IDPA this upcoming weekend (10/28/09). Questions from a beginner.

New shooter discussion, questions and information here
Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Gunworks wrote:If you dont mind smoke little place right where you turn off 60, Rosies.

Other than that Matts Waffle House (sorry Matt couldnt resist), DQ, Burger King or Bob Evans.

PS: Matt I have 200' of climbing rope and all kinds of rescue gear, think people launching off range 6 roof. :D
If we get a group together for pre-match Rosies, I might even make it to the next IDPA match. I am not sure what condition Gunworks keeps his climbing gear in, but Rosies would make a fine last meal, just in case.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:48 pm

The WV regulars also usually get together at the Hurricane McDonalds around 09:00 to 09:30 on match day. I pointed the new guy toward Ashland from AR15.com so you can get to Hurricane we can probably find a spare seat to get you to Ashland, riding on the inside rather than the outside.

MaverickH1

Post by MaverickH1 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 am

I'm going to try to be at Rosie's at 9:30 AM.

Thanks for the offer on the ride, Creeker, but part of the fun for me is seeing what temperatures are bearable and for how long. Maybe that shows how much of a new rider I am. Even the miserable parts are fun for me. I was hoping I'd get to test my warm weather gear, but of course it won't arrive until Monday.

Looking forward to the weekend. Saturday is going to take forever!

MRB

Post by MRB » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:10 am

Rosies is a good idea-I'm partial to the large BLT.

On a lighter note: I remember when I was young and foolish, and felt as though I needed to practice being miserable! :p

MRB

Post by MRB » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:13 am

S Lance wrote:FMOD stage sounds like maybe it should start with a shotgun, then transition to the carbine.;)

Scooter has already given me some ideas about next year's zombies.
I like it! Perhaps 5-6 winged clays suspended from a section of aircraft cable.:eek:

Chillywig

Post by Chillywig » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 am

Its been a good laugh getting to the bottom of this post, I almost hate to ask a match question but I was thinking about PCC this weekend. Do I have to retrieve the rifle from under the bed (concealment) and is there a round limit or just stuff them and go?

WAFFLER RULZ :cool:

creekerdoug

Post by creekerdoug » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Looking forward to the weekend. Saturday is going to take forever![/QUOTE]

You do know the match is on Sunday and not Saturday, right?

MaverickH1

Post by MaverickH1 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:56 pm

creekerdoug wrote:
MaverickH1 wrote:Looking forward to the weekend. Saturday is going to take forever!
You do know the match is on Sunday and not Saturday, right?
Yes, sir. Although I did think it was on Saturday up until yesterday afternoon when I realized the 25th was a Sunday :D

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:08 pm

When we shoot IDPA PCC, the stage descriptions usually have a specific start position for the rifle (generally low ready or grounded on a table.) We haven't been downloading magazines although I guess the course designer could specify this.

In USPSA PCC, we just make up the rules as we go along!:)

Chillywig wrote:Do I have to retrieve the rifle from under the bed (concealment) and is there a round limit or just stuff them and go?

MRB

Post by MRB » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 am

What Scott said.
Also, as in IDPA pistol, you can't dump mags with ammo in them (if you have to reload); you have to stow the mag and take it with you.