New Club Division on the Way

Talk about USPSA and IDPA classes and divisions here
Hairy78

New Club Division on the Way

Post by Hairy78 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:13 pm

ICORE

We have a very enthusiastic member willing to donate his own time to make sure this is a success. The least we can do as a club is give it a shot, and offer him our attendance.

Read all about it.

http://www.icore.org/

http://www.icore.org/pdf/ICORE_Membersh ... cation.pdf
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:53 am

Dam it I cant afford this, I am too busy buying and hording high cap crap and ammo.

I hear Zombies travel in packs of 7 or more.

Can we shoot PCC ICOR?

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:18 am

If you are worried about the upcoming zombie apocalypse, forget the revolvers and even subguns. You don't have to reload a machete.:cool:

Wheelgunner

Post by Wheelgunner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:34 am

Alright boys, here we go. ICORE is a mixture of USPSA and Steel.

Minium Caliber .32.

Holster has to cover th trigger guard area, and heel of the but has to be above the belt(Exception for duty rig and single action).

120 PF and " A competitor, using a revolver chambered in .38 Special and/or .357 Magnum and using factory new UMC 158 grain, Remington 158 grain, Blazer 158 grain, or Federal American Eagle 158 grain ammo, may compete without regard to power factor."

All Loaders on Belt intial load may be preformed from pocket or hand.

"A revolver must compete in the Open Division if it has one or more of the following modifications:

A. Compensating, venting, or metering ports of any kind.
B. An optical sight including telescopic and red dot sights.
C. A rib sight, a front sight that extends beyond the muzzle, or a rear sight that extends beyond or behind a factory manufactured sight's location.
D. Any barrel other than a factory barrel or a factory replacement barrel made by the revolver's manufacturer and included in the revolver manufacturer's spare parts catalog or list.
Effective January 1, 2007, rule D is revised to:
D. Any barrel other than an unaltered factory barrel or an unaltered factory replacement barrel made by the revolver?s manufacturer. Alterations to the barrel other than what is required to safely install the barrel are not permitted in Limited Division. (Revised 2/16/06)
E. An underlug, barrel weight, grip weight, or any other modification designed to increase the weight of the revolver.

All other modifications are allowed. Revolvers not in the Open Division may compete in the Limited Division. (Revised 9/11/2002)"

We will have a snubby class in the limited division too

Scoring is done on a "total time" basis. The accumulated time of all runs, plus target hits, plus penalties equal total time. That will be the score. On the D-1 targets A zone hits add 0 seconds, B zone hits add 1 second, and the C zone adds 2 seconds. If a hit breaks the perforation, the shooter is given the better score. Targets that disappear during the course of fire will not be given penalties for failure to engage, but will receive miss penalties, targets that some portion remains visible will receive both penalties. Steel targets are scored as a simple hit or miss. Knockdown targets must be knocked down to score as a hit.

1. Miss 5 seconds.
2. Hitting No Shoot 5 seconds if hole is full bullet diameter and inside the perforations on border of target.
3. Premature start 5 seconds.
4. Foot Fault 5 seconds.
5. Failure to engage 5 seconds per target.
6. Procedural 5 seconds.
7. Extra shot 5 seconds (Shots limited).
8. Extra hit 5 seconds (Shots limited).
9. Overtime shots
(Fixed time stage) 10 seconds. Each shot fired beyond the fixed time plus 0.30 seconds shall be scored as an overtime shot. (Revised 2/16/06)
10. Failure to hit Stop Plate 30 seconds.

All stages must be 6 round neuteral

You will need a holster, a gun, 4-6 reloaders(The first couple I will keep under 30 rounds max per stage.. have shot up to 40 in a stage.) You will need a revolver greater than a 32. Most guys shoot moon clips, most guys shoot eight shots. I have a 627 and a 625. I shoot the 627 open and when the 625 is finished I will shoot it limited and USPSA. Guess I am going to have to join that too. I need a reason to spend 5K. Is there a single stack division? For the first match we will have 5 stages. I am going to use 2 classifers and the rest fun ones. Would love to start a club here if we can.

Thanks for the time!

Wheelgunner

Post by Wheelgunner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:37 am

Sorry, snubby is 2" or less.

Wheelgunner

Post by Wheelgunner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:40 am

Sorry its three 3"...now that we have figured that out.

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:41 am

I like it, I think we can be a productive club in the ICORE scheme of things. Thanks for your hard work.

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:52 am

Sounds like fun! I shot an ICORE match down at Silvercreek using Airedale's borrowed 625 while attending an unrelated shooting event at KFEC.

Great....I just needed a reason to go buy another damned gun!

Question: Is there any provision against shooting a different caliber out of a gun chambered for another given it meets PF? (eg: 38 out of a 627/686)
:confused:

Wheelgunner

Post by Wheelgunner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 pm

No that is what most people do. I have a 627 and shoot 38 specials like most. The coveted 38 super in a 627 is a dandy, but hard to come by. Some guys are shooting the 38 short colts in the 627. The only place that makes the brass and it is starline. Its expensive. I shoot federal brass, 158 gr RN jacketed and I use 4.3 grains of Winchester WST. That gives me about a 125 PF just a little bit of play.

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:08 pm

Will a 5" 625 be legal? They won't let me shoot it in IDPA.
"The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."- Bob Lemon