ICORE Questions

Talk about USPSA and IDPA classes and divisions here
S Lance
Forum Administrator

ICORE Questions

Post by S Lance » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:08 pm

A couple of questions for the revolver gurus.

Is there a maximum round count per stage in ICORE? How few speedloaders can I get by with? (I have no illusions about being competitive but I'd prefer not to single load from my pocket if at all possible. I'll also have to figure out how to actually use those silly gadgets.:))

I'm assuming that a plain jane, 4" 686 from a kydex holster with .38 special ammo is acceptable?

Wheelgunner

Post by Wheelgunner » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:07 pm

It is very acceptable. The stages are up. I will try to keep the round counts under 24-30. your first load can be from your pocket. you will need three more if you shoot Stage 1 perfect. 4 speed loaders would be more than enough. most of the big matches are like some uspsa though there are several hundred rounds in 10-12 stages.

MRB

Post by MRB » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:43 am

S Lance wrote:A couple of questions for the revolver gurus.

Is there a maximum round count per stage in ICORE? How few speedloaders can I get by with? (I have no illusions about being competitive but I'd prefer not to single load from my pocket if at all possible. I'll also have to figure out how to actually use those silly gadgets.:))

I'm assuming that a plain jane, 4" 686 from a kydex holster with .38 special ammo is acceptable?
Of course, you could bring your 686 Sunday, and get a little practice with the rest of us round gunners. Viva la REVOlucion!!!

S Lance
Forum Administrator

Post by S Lance » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:31 am

I appreciate the invitation, but I believe that I'll stick with something a little more modern.:)

Maybe you'd like to try a lever action in PCC?;)

MRB wrote:Of course, you could bring your 686 Sunday, and get a little practice with the rest of us round gunners. Viva la REVOlucion!!!

MRB

Post by MRB » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:38 am

S Lance wrote:I appreciate the invitation, but I believe that I'll stick with something a little more modern.:)

Maybe you'd like to try a lever action in PCC?;)
If I had one, I'd take you up on it-you are talking to the guy who shoots 375 H & H in vintage rifle!