ICORE...so far, so good. Try it, you might like it

Talk about USPSA and IDPA classes and divisions here
Wlktheduk

ICORE...so far, so good. Try it, you might like it

Post by Wlktheduk » Wed May 20, 2009 8:55 pm

AGC has had two ICORE style matches this year. Wheelgunner (AKA Captain Kirk) has done a very good job in setting up and running a fun match.

For those who are not too sure what ICORE style matches are, think USPSA/IPSC match for REVOLVERS only. The paper target is different (Bianchi D-1 tombstone style), and steel targets are also used. Scoring is Time Plus (your time plus time added for hits outside the A-zone) Lowest time wins.

There are two divisions, with an un-official third division. Open is anything goes, while Limited does not allow compensators, scopes/red dot sights. The un-official third division is snubbie, for those 3" and under belly guns. Centerfire calibers, .32 and up. Power factor is 120, (Snubbie doesn't count)

A holster, speedloaders/moon clips (depending on how your wheelgun is set up) ammo, and you should be good to go. Not sure if you've got enough speedloaders...so far we've been able to outfit everyone by asking around among the crowd.

At the two matches we've seen an assortment of Smith & Wesson K, L and N frame revolvers, Ruger Security Six's, and Taurus. Some have brought out the J-frame or Ruger SP-101 snubbies, for a real blast. Shooters have reloaded from speedloaders in the pocket, pouches, table tops, etc....

While the stages are 6 round neutral, Captain Kirk will make adjustments to the CoF to allow those bold enough to run&gun with thier 5-shot snubbies.:D

IMHO, everyone who has attended has had a good time. If you are interested, there are two more matches scheduled this year, on the club calender.

And also, my thanks to Wheelgunner (AKA Captain Kirk) for his work bringing ICORE style revolver fun to AGC.
Viva La REVOlution!

bcp307

Icore

Post by bcp307 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Yes, I agree. Challenging and fun.

Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin » Fri May 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I was forced to miss the first ICORE match this year, but made the most recent and don't intend to miss another!! This was likely the most fun I've had participating in a competitive shooting event!
We intend to start having some ICORE matches at the Putnam Co. Gun Club in WV as soon as we complete our new action pistol range (would like to think we'll have one in June, but will likely be July). My hope is to start having alternating monthly ICORE matches between AGC and PCGC. Keep an eye on our website for futher updates.

P.S. - When may we expect scores posted from the most recent match????