New guy, what would I need?

Talk about USPSA and IDPA classes and divisions here
Black-X

New guy, what would I need?

Post by Black-X » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:39 pm

I had such a great time shooting the carbine match this past Sunday I think I'd like to possibly come out and try shooting a pistol match or two with you all. What do I need to come up this Sunday (or next) and shoot? I haven't shot in so long I don't even remember what the divisions are and what equipment I need. :o

Would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks!

-X

Bigfoot
Forum Administrator

Post by Bigfoot » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:21 pm

-A safe serviceable handgun with a holster that completely covers the trigger guard.

-At least three magazines if you have highcaps or 5-6 if shooting a single stack.

Magazine carriers are also good but its not unheard of for guys to load out of their pockets the first time.

I suggest that you take a look at the Handgun rules at http://www.uspsa.org to familiarize yourself with scoring and range safety procedures.

If you don't have the magazines or carriers, list your handgun and I'm sure someone can probably facilitate you!
:confused:

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Just let us know what ammo you have or will bring and I am sure many of us can or would be willing to hook you up with a loaner pistol and gear.

Got a 45 single stack, M&P 9mm and a 2011 45 high cap that are not going to be doing anything next match.

Shoot if you are really set on shooting a wiz bag open pistol, cant help there but I do have one of the old old single stack 45 open guns sonewhere.

MRB

Post by MRB » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:25 pm

I'll have a 1911 and mags that I'll be shooting, bring 45 ACP and you can use my stuff, including holster and and pouches (right handed holster, though). It's all paddle, so no big deal switching. Let me know.

scooterd

Post by scooterd » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:34 pm

we have all the xd stuff youd need "we shoot 5" tactical 9mm" just give us a yell, have ammo too if needed.

Chillywig

Post by Chillywig » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:04 pm

I wish I knew how generous you guys were and I'd quit getting my guns dirty and shooting up all my ammo. I normally get hungry after a match. Any volunteers on buying lunch??? :D :D :D :D

scooterd

Post by scooterd » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:05 pm

grayson usually has a biscut or two in the truck, when he's out he goes to matt, "matt usually has some type of mre or energy bar" I'm saying just follow grayson he eats about every 15 minutes, if there is food around he'll find it...

Hairy78

Post by Hairy78 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:10 pm

scooterd wrote:grayson usually has a biscut or two in the truck, when he's out he goes to matt, "matt usually has some type of mre or energy bar" I'm saying just follow grayson he eats about every 15 minutes, if there is food around he'll find it...

I don't think I would get between Grayson and a biscuit, he is still growing. Matt on the other hand, ah, he is a prick, and probably wouldn't share.:D
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ F__ - Obama/Biden
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................

scooterd

Post by scooterd » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:14 pm

He's real pissed now, I kinda put it on him in the side shoot.

Gunworks

Post by Gunworks » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Yea but you cheat.