Club Goals for 2019

General stuff for general folks
JBOGGS

Club Goals for 2019

Post by JBOGGS » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 am

I would like to have a friendly discussion about how to improve AGC in the upcoming 2019 year. Anyone that knows me is aware how grateful I am to be part of such an outstanding club, I am very thankful for the members that set up stages, run stages, cut the grass, pay the bills and all the work that goes into the daily club operations done by the club officers. I've had a couple of folks approach me with ideas but didn't want to be the one to share so I will get the ball running.

Would anyone be interested in trying to have two night shoots in 2019??

EdBoley

Re: Club Goals for 2019

Post by EdBoley » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Two night shoots sounds great, I would also like to have 2 (or more) AR matches!

tompac

Post by tompac » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:29 pm

A big one would be to increase the height of some of the berms. I know that’s a big undertaking both physically and financially but since we r throwing ideas around, there you go.

I’d love 2 night matches also. Maybe a shotgun match? Any ideas to get new blood into the club would be good I think. None of us are getting any younger................many of the folks who are putting in the work are same folks that were doing it 30+ years ago.

JBOGGS

Post by JBOGGS » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:00 pm

How about an IDPA match that was 1911 Single Stack only?

tompac

Post by tompac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:17 pm

ill go for that of course. Id also like to see a "real carry gun" match. I never shoot my carry gun because it dosent fit any of the categories well. id like an idpa style match where you shoot what you daily carry. rules would have to be relaxed a but, and we would have to do it on the honor system, but I think it would be fun and informative. just bring the gun you carry in the holster you use daily, with ammo stored the way you store it daily. we could set up some low round count defensive based stages and go at it.

if we do the 1911 match ill loan guns if someone needs one, you supply factory ammo. I've a spare 1911 or 2...……….

a realistic house clearing would be fun also, but hard to score since you cant clear a house safely under time pressure

shotgun

shotgun

2 gun match with long gun of choice and hand gun

maybe a shotgun match like the rifle match, not a pure speed shoot but some harder targets, slugs ect……………….